Friday, March 11, 2005

24-25/feb moving to gokarna

The fact of visiting hindu temples with a hindu, allowed me to live a little bit closer the ceremonies that hindus follow once inside the temple, the rituals, details, many things that are always unnoticed, hidden to non trained eyes.
Sashiram came to pick me up with a friend’s motorbike at 11 o’clock. After that we’ve seen 3 temples, his favourite ones. For me they were not amazing temples, since were new and quite small. In the first one, a shiva temple, after giving 4 or 5 rupees to the Brahmin, he blessed us putting water from the water tank on our hands, and then as few flowers and leaves. Together with all that, a small ball of sandal, that he put on my head since he realized that I didn’t know what to do with all that stuff. They always keep the rest at any place; pocket, car, motor bike… After that, Sashiram prayed in Malayalam, word cap-I-cua. After a couple of more hours, he left me home and I spent the rest of the day walking on the beach, internet… easy day! I’ve been walking a lot lately.
The day after a took a bus to mangalore, and from there a train to gokarna.
I finished the book interpret of maladies, and I didn’t really enjoyed that much. Furthermore, I think I had already read it a few years ago, and I think I had the same feeling. I have started ‘in giro per il mondo in 80 giorni’ the book that alessandro gave me in fort kochi, and this one I like it, since I’d seen all the cartoons when I was a child, and of course, many memories came to my head.
I reached gokarna late at night, with the time enough to have dinner and go to sleep.

11/3/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home