Wednesday, March 16, 2005

27-6/mar om beach

First thing to do after waking up, washing my face in the sea… after that, swimming a little bit, and then, breakfast. All these things that had lost any meaning (a part from cleaning, sport and feeding) in Barcelona, become very special here.
I had breakfast with the girl from Israel, aia. I decided to go till paradise beach, passing through half moon beach first. To get there, a part from those 5 km, minimum, you’ve to climb a little bit, jump a few rocks that are on the shore, slippery, cross a couple of forests, and walk on the limit of the cliff. These two beaches are still more peaceful than om, but very small, and the water, at least this day, was dirty. The only way to get there is either walking (trekking) or by boat. I swam a little bit and went back. The way is beautiful full of animals, and also with monkeys and dolphins. Everything is so green!
I read quite a lot, and met a few more people. A guy from Austria, a girl from US, and I had lunch with them. After that, swimming for a while, quite a lot, sunset, shower and shaving. Busy day! I met my neighbors, jeff from England and clementine from france. Both English teachers, but not in England. They have been teaching English in Indonesia and china. We chatted for a while, shared a couple of spliffs, and had dinner together. They have been traveling 3,5 years. Very nice guys.
The day after started in the same way. Swimming, breackfast… but what was difernt this time was that on my way to the bar, I found a cobra on the dirt track. The first ‘wild’ snake I’d ever seen in my life. A little bit longer than a meter, moving on ‘s’, and suddenly stopping to rise her head, and show us the beautiful and big ‘neck’. Very scary, but impressive. And of course, I’m not that used to life with this kind of fauna close to me, and since the door here are just symbolic, because they never touch the ground nor the roof… well, I had to accept that I was a guest of the nature, and that I had to get useed to this things.
I finished ‘in giro per il mondo in 80 giorni’. It was nice reading it, but there’s no much info about the places, trips… everything is done with the money and to win a bet, not for traveling in itself. Good anyway. I swam at least 3 times a day now. This is one of the good things of being by the coast. You can do exercise every day. I spent the afternoon talking with Miguel, I guy from galicia that has been (and is) traveling for the last 16 years. He is traveling with his girlfriend rosa, from brasil. After that met a few more people from Holland, Israel, Poland and danmark. We decided to have a bath after dinner, and that was so great! There was plankton that when you were moving your hand, or just the water, was giving light!!! It was great to swim with that halo of light following you all the time, and the water was so warm! And it was also easier to see because the moon was still hidden, and the lights of the few bars open were so weak.
This last group of people, edith and koen from Holland, ela from Poland, susanna from finland, shani from Israel, jakob from danmark and gareth from south Africa, were very nice. I felt very good with them. This night, even if the cobra was in my head, was very peaceful again. Nights are not that hot here.
The first day of march, started the same way. I spent the whole day with them, from the water to the shadow of the bar. I thought I would only spend here a couple of days, and…let’s see. I like it, the place is great, and I feel very comfortable with the people, it seems a small family (or not that small). The group is growing day after day. We spent the last part of the night playing cards and drinking. After that, we made a fire on the beach, and we were about 25, with guitars, percussions and even people singing…wow!!
The next morning I woke up and there were dolphins on the shore. We started swimming towards a rock, and they didn’t followed us… and that was a long swim! The rock was 5 or 6 meter high, and we spent a while jumping to the water from there. After that, I kept on swimming, towards another rock, and then back to the beach. My biggest swim ever! We spent the evening playing cards again, and having lots of fun.
The day after I had a small hangover, alcohol here is cheap! But it wasn’t bad enough, so I played frisbee with koen and gareth. Then, a little bit of internet, where I met miwa and jessi. She from japan and he from Canada. I saw the sunset from the lonely palm again, but this time alone.
Days are very similar, but good, because there's always something, a moments that makes it special. Everything is so easy, and one could keep on living this way for a long while.
I discovered that guereth is also architect, and we spent quite a long time talking about that. He had similar feelings that I have towards architecture. Very interesting, when you can design and built, but not when you work for others, since after a while, 2 or 3 months in an office, it's difficult to learn new things, everything becomes monotonous, and the only thing you do is drawing, drawing and drawing. No creativity at all, just using autocad. I know it's not that extreme, but reality it's not that far from that. Anyway, the 4th of march was a nice day, because I spent a very nice time with all this people, but also because we took 'mushroom chocolate’, from england. We were 8, and 3 pieces of chocolate, so the effect was not very strong, but, at least to me, was very satisfying. For a few hours, everything was extremely beautiful and with lot of power (still more than it is normally). I wasn't stoned or nothing, but my perception of the reality, or at least my reality, was more defined, even exagerated, and every single thing, was ... yes, beautiful!! Nice sunset, nice swim, and then a very relaxed and peaceful dinner... and, I finally learnt to stay on the water floating, 'fent el mort'!!
The day after edith and chani left, and I decided that it was also time for me to leave, after already a week.
I woke up very early, to avoid walking under the sun. There's an hour walk to gokarna, then a bus, and I found myself in agonda, south of goa. I wanted to stop on a beach without people before going to hampi, or at least with less people. There I met a few israelis, and I had dinner with them (4). I really liked 2 of them, a couple, that are living like gypsies, in europe, building there own houses from the things they find around, and also making art and selling it. The bad thing is that when I left I forgot to ask their mails… The beach was very long, and I only found 4 westerners in 3 or 4 km. Quiet night, listening their music (I miss music so much!!), chatting a little bit, and remembering that I havn't seen myself on a mirror for the last 8 or 9 days!! That was a funny thought, since in europe a part from having mirrors at home, there are shops with huge windows, where one can be seen… and this is not happening here.
I left the day after, after walking on the beach a few hours. Had to say good bye to the sea! At least for a while!!

16/3/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home